Friday, June 13, 2008

The traveling teacher travels (but not to India yet)...

Tomorrow I embark upon a wonderful journey...just to Virginia and DC. I am going to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Richmond, VA and then going to DC for the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform conference. Our school was invited because it was a Colorado Trailblazer School to Watch. But, since this blog is for the traveling teacher and I am going somewhere on an actual airplane, it deserved a blog. 

Will keep updating as hopefully some really good adventures unfold. I do get to meet Senator Ken Salazar and Representative Marilyn Musgrave while in DC. For those who know me well, you will know that meeting Marilyn Musgrave is going to be a test in verbal self-control for me. If you don't know why, research some of her beliefs and it will become quite clear.

See you in Virginia!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ello Ms. Swanson...I just got my yearbook back from a friend and suddenly remembered that i told you i'd talk to you :)

for once it's not about homework that i need to get cause i was gone! woo hoo!

this website's really cool, I didn't even know you've had your own blog since we've been in school. Well, I'll bookmark the page so I can keep commenting...ttys!

~Sarah R