Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Very thought provoking....

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

This exciting fact is mixed with my nervousness and anxiety about traveling to India. I took my first malaria pill (test run) last night and didn't have trippy dreams like I was promised- kind of disappointing! Maybe tonight it will happen!

The purpose for this post is to share a video with everyone that my former principal (a brilliant woman!) shared with me. It is about the fact that American students spend a huge amount of time on things other than academics while in their high school careers. It discusses this not so much as a teacher issue but more as a problem of American society. So, check it out, and see what you think.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=756835424

I leave in 27 days! (But first I have to turn 30 which is WAY scarier than going to a foreign country!)

No comments: